Friday, 13 January 2012

New Year, New Studio





For over 6 years I have been working out of a bedroom studio in my home. My house was getting more and more full of paintings and art paraphenalia and I was also concerned that the house smelt of turps constantly. So, with trepidation, I put my name down on the waiting list for a WASPS studio at the beginning of the year, not expecting anything to happen for at least 3 years.
 
With all the new refurbishments going on with the WASPS studios around Glasgow, there were a lot of artists moving from one studio to another and I got the fabulous opportunity of a proper artist's studio in the refurbished Briggait building in the Merchant City, a very bohemian end of Glasgow. I was offered the studio in December and started the long task of moving in my equipment and furniture on the 4th January.

Here is the studio before I moved in. It didn't look so big when it was empty.


I have now moved in a small amount of my stuff and the place is looking quite homely and nicely minimalist (for me). I am not sure how long that will last, but I will enjoy it while I still have plenty of floorspace. I love it there as the light is amazing; I have a wall that is completely glass plus some of the ceiling too. I cannot wait until the summer when I will get so many more hours of daylight. My husband is worried that he will never see me!





So now, if you want to see my work, I will also have a continuous little show of paintings, framed, and in progress, in studio 203. Come and say hi (but call first to get let in)!

No comments:

Post a Comment