Monday, 17 October 2011

Fifi's Great Fire Sale # 1

I have just picked some work from my last three shows and the house is bulging to bursting point with paintings and drawings. I really want to start some new work but don't have the space (both physical and mental), so I thought I might try a little fire sale, before I literally put these on the fire!

The idea is that I will post a painting every week or so for you to put 'bids' on. You can email me on fiona@fionawilson.net with bids or private mail through my facebook. Please do not discuss money on my personal facebook page as people have been losing their accounts for this. Postage for canvases will be £8 special delivery in the UK, and I can post Worldwide but will have to get a quote. Payment my  UK Bank transfer, UK cheque or Paypal.


First up is 'Posing at the Panopticon', oil on canvas, 40 x 50cm
Normal Gallery price £920 framed (this will be sold unframed to save on postage costs but I can supply a frame if required).

This is a painting of the beautiful Bunny Warren who was the first model to privately pose for me. We set up a shoot at the Britannia Panopticon music hall in Glasgow, where Stan Laurel started his career on the stage. She loved the 'God Save the King' poster as one of her infamous acts is the 'God Save the Queen' one.


I would like to start the bidding at only £50 for this canvas, which is less that the cost of a pair of decent shoes these days.
Bidding will end on Monday 24th October 2011 at 10pm.
*This is a blind bid, so you don't have to rush at the last gasp. The highest offer wins the damsel.

two lovely gentlemen have offered to save the lady from the fire, but my lovely artist friend Maureen Rocks-Moore is the new, proud owner.

2 comments: