Monday, 29 November 2010

Christmas Shows and heavy snows

Ingrida reclining, oil on canvas, 80 x 60cm

We have been having a bit of crazy winter weather here in Glasgow with heavy snowfall and sub-zero temperatures. Now I am glad that the Christmas show hand-ins were last week when the weather was cold but clear!
This Christmas, I am showing at a smaller number of select galleries, due to the timing of my big November show. You can find my work at ARTeries, Art Exposure and Merchant Gate Gallery in Glasgow city centre, The Gatehouse Gallery in Eastwood, south of Glasgow, Axolotl in Edinburgh and The Fisher Gallery in Pittenweem. This will be my first time showing with the Fisher gallery and I hope it goes well, as it is a wonderful part of the country for a visit when dropping of work!

This week sees a slow start with tying up loose ends and lots of thinking about new work to be produced, in between organising the commissions I didn't have time to do earlier in the year. If I could just thaw out my fingers enough to draw!
I also want to get down to the Glasgow Print Studio, now my back is allowing me to do things again. I really want to practice the photoetching technique I learned in the spring and apply it to some of my many photos of the beautiful people of burlesque.

No comments:

Post a Comment